Sunday, September 18, 2011

1st Anniversary Gift - A paper flowers copy of the bride's bouquet

The paper flowers I've been making based on one very special bride's wedding bouquet from 1 year ago are finally ready!

I worked on them for a few weeks and one by one, the petals came together and each blossom formed and folded by hand found its place in one of the loveliest bouquets I've ever made.

I was especially thrilled to work on a piece in a palette I haven't used before: hot pinks, deep purple, lilac and soft white.

This bouquet was constructed from:
  • paper roses
  • paper daisies
  • paper orchids
  • paper hydrangea
  • paper peonies
The flowers have been enhanced with pearl and crystal accents and custom touches of different inks. A dab of glitter glue here and there makes the bouquet sparkle.

I'll be sending it to the groom, Rob, tomorrow morning so he can wrap it in a fabric piece of his wife's bridal gown and present it to her as a 1st anniversary gift. Very thoughtful of him, don't you think?

Here are more pictures of the paper flowers bouquet.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Momichka, my name is Alycia, Im from Australia and just ADORE your paper bouquets ! I realise this isyour creation but am wondering if you would be willing to share how you attached the flowers to stems and put them together ? I would love to make my own bouquet as I love paper craft:-) Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alycia, thanks for commenting.
    I'd love to share my technique for attaching flowers to stems, so instead of just writing it down, I thought I'd also create a mini-tutorial and post it on my blog.
    So, check back in a few days and see it.

    In the meantime, the short version:

    - Cut floral wire for the stem,
    - Bend the end of the wire in an "O" or "U" shape;
    - Cut out a circle shape from paper and cut a slit to the center (as a radius).
    - Put the "U" part of the wire in the middle of the circle.
    - Glue the ends of the paper to make a cone, while holding the wire in the center.
    - Add more glue to the cone and attach the cone, wire and all, to the bottom of your paper rose. Hold till the glue is set.
    - Wrap the wire and part of the cone with floral tape.

    And that's it.
    I hope it helps.

    I'll try to create a visual tutorial for the blog soon, which will convey the steps much more easily.

    Thanks,


    Marija

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your bouquets are so amazing! I would love to have a replica of my bouquet made...now how to give the hubby the hint. We've been together just under 10 years, but our one year wedding anniversary is next month. Where can I get information about pricing and ordering?

    ReplyDelete