Thursday, August 9, 2012

White Paper Sculpture - JELLYFISH

This is the third piece of my recent PAPER SCULPTURE Project, called "TEXTURES".

The first piece was SEA URCHIN, the second one SWIRLS, and one more is in the works, for a total of 4 paper art pieces.

I named this one JELLYFISH because it reminded me of the marine creatures' translucent form. Leaning against my window, the sculpture had a similar feel, like looking at a swarm of jellyfish from above.

Looking at it from a side, it reminds me of mushrooms, but as this is a marine-inspired series, I prefer jellyfish.

The final piece is coming, too.

Again, it will be made of just paper, canvas and glue, and it will be some sort of sea creature.

1 comment:

  1. Or maybe octopus suckers?!
    http://www.marinebio.net/marinescience/03ecology/flimg/09012tre8499.jpg

    ReplyDelete